- Persons who would not qualify for loans because of perceived risks, no credit history – “Start-up” ventures
- Persons seeking financning to support starting a business
How much is the grant?
Any amount up to G$300,000
How do you qualify?
- All applicants must be registered with the SBB
- You are required to submit a sound business plan in the SBB template
- Submit quotations and/or estimates from recognised suppliers, to support details of how you intend to spend the grant funds
What happens after you submit a completed business plan?
- Site verification visits
- SBB prepare an report with recommendations which is submitted to the grant committee for consideration
The Grant Committee is made up of designated officers of the following institutions:
- Bank fo Guyana
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Busness
- Project Management Office of the Office of the Presidency
- Small Business Bureau – Secretary to the Grant Committee
SBB facilitates small business loans through Republic Bank Ltd. and Guyana Bank for Trade and Industry.
Loans can be accessed at interest rates of 6% with collateral support
How much can be borrowed through the SBB?
Loans range from G$100,000 to G$30million.
How do I qualify?
- Submit a winning business plan
- Submit general documents required – Identification, business registration, license/permit relevant to the business type, proof of address, financial records, quotations, estimates, oher documents as required to support request.
- Good credit record/score
- Be able to meet the collateral requirements (60% collateral required for loans accessed through the MSED Programme)